Last Updated: June 16, 2017
Discount Ride is a new local rideshare service operating in Tucson and Phoenix since 2016. Discount Ride is owned by Total Transit, the parent company of Discount Cab.
At this time, Discount Ride only offers non-emergency medical transportation rides in Tucson (similar to Veyo). However, drivers will soon be able to give rides to regular, everyday passengers. They’re already offering this service in Phoenix, and hope to start in Tucson later in 2017. The company will compete with Uber and Lyft as the only locally-based rideshare program in the U.S., as well as the only program that accepts cash payment.
• Minimum age is 21 years old.
• Vehicle must have 4 doors and be a 2000 or newer model.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with valid insurance and a 5 year driving history.
• Your vehicle must pass an inspection provided by an ASE-certified mechanic.
• You must pass a background check and a drug test.
• You must have an Android device (phone or tablet) with a data plan. (iPhone capability is coming July 1st!)
How much do Discount Ride drivers make?
Drivers earn $1.15 per mile for account trips and $0.95 per mile for retail trips with an additional $0.26 per minute.
How do I accept payment for retail rides?
Discount Ride will provide you with a Square Reader to accept payment.
How do I get paid?
Drivers get paid daily and payment is added to a personal debit card issued to each driver.
Does Discount Ride offer in-person support in Tucson?
Yes, the office is located at 829 W. Silverlake Rd. In-person support is offered by appointment or on a first-come, first-serve basis during open office hours Tuesdays & Wednesdays, noon-3pm. They can also be reached at 520-388-4075, or email discountridetucson(at)totaltransit.com.
*Sign up to drive for Discount Ride.*
Under the question “Where did you hear about us?” select “Referral by Driver,” then enter Chad Lehrman in the “referred by” field and receive a $250 signup bonus.